Construction Management & Development, Inc. (CM&D) is an established construction management firm with offices in Honolulu, New York, Seattle, Costa Rica, Thailand and India. An ENR “Top 100″ construction management firm, we offer a unique blend of project and construction management services to clients throughout the United States and the Pacific Rim.
Join Our Team..
General Description: The Contracts Administrator will provide full time support to all Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers. He/she will establish and maintain all files, project correspondence and contracts. The Contracts Administrator reports directly to Assistant Project Managers and Project Managers.
Contract Administrator Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Reports to the Senior Project Manager and Project Manager;
2. Under general supervision of the SPM and PM, provides administrative support;
3. Provides complex problem solving skills to resolve design, construction, budgetary, and schedule related issues;
4. Composes and types correspondence to include letters, memos, forms, minutes, proposals, etc.;
5. Interacts with a diverse group of external and internal contacts at all levels;
6. Uses independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified work load;
7. Receives and distributes project correspondence, drawings, and other project records and documents;
8. Maintains project files;
9. Maintains logs for RFI’s, submittals, substitution requests, contracts, change proposals, and change orders;
10. Arranges project meetings;
11. Records discussions at meetings and prepares, distributes, and maintains project meeting minutes.
Requirements: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Business Administration or Construction Management is required. Previous experience with residential/hospitality/hotel/high rise projects is preferable. Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written; be computer literate and capable of using MS Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft Project, Internet and Email.
Project Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for managing day-to-day project activities. Under the supervision of a Project Executive he/she is responsible for analyzing, monitoring, and preparing cost exposure reports and cash flow projections, maintaining comprehensive budgets, monitoring and maintaining schedules.
2. Manages daily staff assignments and participates in monthly staff meetings.
3. Responsible for establishing and implementing a quality assurance and quality control program.
4. Leads all project meetings.
5. Prepares RFP/bid packages and manages the bid process
6. Responsible for solicitation, evaluation and selection of the architect, other sub-consultants and the contractor/s.
7. During the design management process, prepares estimates and value engineering analysis, peer reviews, and constructability reviews.
8. Oversees the processing of submittals, requests for information, shop drawings, substitution requests, change proposals and change orders.
9. Reviews and approves monthly payment requests, including lien waivers prior to certification by the Architect and payment by the Owner.
10. Manages the preparation of daily and weekly reports, and prepares monthly reports that discuss, in detail, the status of the project.
11. Works directly with Owner/Stakeholders of the project to insure project objectives are met.
Requirements: 5 – 15 years of project management experience for complex vertical construction projects or large scale master planned developments. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management is required. A graduate degree or project management certification is a plus. Previous experience with residential/hospitality/high rise and/or mixed-use master planned developments, tenant improvements and high-end F&B buildout preferable. Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written; be computer literate and capable of using MS Office (Word, Excel), Internet/email, project management, estimating and scheduling programs (Primavera, Timberline, On Screen Takeoff, Microsoft Project).
Fill out the form below to apply for a position.